Precision Business Solutions can ensure old hard drives and backup tapes are properly destroyed, using our HD-2 Hard Drive Degausser.
Degaussing a hard drive destroys the drive or backup media, ensuring data cannot be recovered. Additionally, degaussing can be used on non-functioning drives, as opposed to sanitizing a drive for re-use.
Government Mandate Compliance
The HD-2 Data Eliminator Degausser assists you in meeting compliance standards for government mandates that require complete elimination of sensitive information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal, including the following:
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization: NIST 800-36, NIST 800-88
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- California Senate Bill 1386
Erases Non-Functioning Drives
The HD-2’s unique technology does not rely on software and thus easily and efficiently erases failed or damaged hard drives and tapes, completely and permanently, regardless of the operating system.
- Laptop, Desktop and Network Hard Drives
- 2.5 Type, 3.5 Type HDD
- DLT I, II, III, and IV
- SuperDLT I and II
- LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5
- Magstar 3570, 3590, and 3592 plus 9840 and 9940